Manchester City made £100m offer for Jack Grealish on Friday; Aston Villa offered their captain a new contract; Grealish’s move would eclipse Paul Pogba’s 2016 transfer to Manchester United and become biggest in English football history
By Rob Dorsett and Lyall Thomas – Sky Sports.
Manchester City’s £100m bid for Jack Grealish is expected to be accepted by Aston Villa.
While Villa are yet to formally respond to City’s offer – which was made on Friday – it is understood they are now willing to allow their captain to leave.
It means Grealish now has to decide whether he wants to move to the Etihad Stadium in what would be the biggest transfer in English football history.
The previous record is held by Paul Pogba, who re-joined Manchester United for £89m from Juventus in 2016.
Although they are now ready to accept City’s bid, Villa did offer Grealish a new and improved contract earlier this summer, despite him only signing a five-year deal last September.
- Check Out Jerry Jones’ Lavish Superyacht(Mansion Global)
- Getting an Online Degree from Malawi Might Be Easier Than You…(Online Degree | Search Ads)
- Why we need to put the brakes on public software bills of material(TechBeacon)
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Buys Georgia Farm – The Home Was…(Mansion Global)
- Life after Usain Bolt
- Villa expected to accept Man City’s £100m Grealish bid
- Hamilton shrugs off boos | Bottas: People should question themselves
- Man Utd transfer rumours: Boateng to bolster defence?
- Hungarian GP grid: Who starts where for Sunday’s race
- Villa agree deal to sign Bailey from Leverkusen
- Lions ratings: Van der Merwe, Hogg, bench struggle
- Arsenal transfer rumours: Bachmann bid rejected
- Verstappen hits out over continued collision questions
- Why Grealish is in demand
- Latest News
Neither Villa nor City have commented on the potential transfer.